Friday, April 29, 2011

Game Twenty Five: Brewers 5, Astros 0

Box Score

As a Brewers fan I am very familiar with games similar to the one played tonight...I'm just not used to watching the Brewers win them.

 The Crew jumped out to an early lead, tacked on insurance runs thanks to timely hitting, and prevented the Astros from assembling anything that could have been mistaken as a rally. It was a very enjoyable game to watch.

Other thoughts:

-Corey Hart looked awful in his second at bat against Brett Myers. It reminded me of his miserable second half of the 2008 season. That said, I was encouraged by his F8 in the top of the 8th. In any other park that's a home run, but not in the fun-house formerly known as Enron Field.

-Prince Fielder can hit baseballs a long, long distance.

-The Brewers recorded their 5th shutout of the season. Last season they had 7. And this is without Greinke and with Gallardo slumping.

-I tip my cap to Yuniesky Betancourt. He's on a 9-game hitting streak and tonight had a solo home run with 2(!) walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment