Wednesday, October 5, 2011

NLDS Game 4: Diamondbacks More, Brewers Less

So much for that confidence I had in Randy Wolf.

As bad as Game 3 was, Game 4 was that much worse. I had high hopes after Braun's RBI double and Weeks was at the plate with runners at the corners and one out. Funny how an inning-ending double play can change your mood. 

The bottom of the 1st for one shining moment looked like nothing more than a scare. But then Ryan Roberts hit a grand slam and the rout was on. Chris Young added a home run for good measure and I showed tremendous restraint by not smashing anything.

The pitching tonight was horrible, yet the Brewers had their chances to get back in the game. They had ample opportunities to rally with RISP, but apparently they decided that rallies are not fun and settled for the scattered run here and there. 

I can handle losing, but the past two games have been nothing short of abysmal. That said, I'd rather lose like this than via the blown save. Of course, I'd rather win and not have to write that.

So now we're going back to Milwaukee for Game 5. Yovani Gallardo will have a rematch with Ian Kennedy at Miller Park, and if we're lucky we'll experience similar results. If that does not happen and the Brewers lose I will be very bummed out. I may even be depressed for a little while. But at least I'll be depressed about losing in the playoffs, which I suppose counts for something.


No comments:

Post a Comment