Sunday, October 9, 2011

NLDS Game 5: Brewers 3, Diamondbacks 2

I have been very busy this weekend, thus finding the time to write about this game has been difficult. Moreover, there is not much to be said about what happened because the sheer greatness of the game is self-evident. I do have two quick points to make:

1) That was baseball at its finest. This was a taught, well-played game from start to finish. The intensity in each dugout and the stands was as high as you will ever see for any sporting event. I'm happy I got a chance to watch the game, I'm happy the Brewers were involved, and I'm happy the Brewers won.

2) Nyjer Morgan's series-winning singles was an extremely rare play the sports fans live for. The only thing that compares is Al Harris' game-winning pick-six to beat the Seahawks in the playoffs back in 2004. The tension of the situation, the excitement of the play, and the pandemonium that ensued will never be surpassed. It was an important and iconic moment that will be remembered in Wisconsin forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment