Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Brew Crew Burnout

As you have noticed, I have not been faithful in updating this blog over the past couple weeks. The reasons for this are simple:

1) There are a lot of games in a baseball season, and I do not always feel like writing about every one of them.

2) Building off of (1), I often do not have much to write about each game. Some games are worthy of analysis while other are worth forgetting. Much like the season itself, maintaining a blog can be a grind.

I have toyed with the idea of changing how I do updates, but after the All-Star break I plan on resuming the blog  as normal. In the meantime I have a few thought to share.

First, every time I think I'm out the Brewers pull me right back in. I was just about done with the Brewers after they blew a 6-1 lead for the second consecutive day. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, the Brewers decided to win four of five games, highlighted by two comebacks in the bottom of the 9th. I'm not sure what the second half of the season holds, but I loved going into the break feeling good.

Second, I am not crazy about the Brewers' chances in the second half. They are still terrible on the road, have too many holes in their lineup, and their starting pitching, while excellent, has not been good enough to compensate for their awful, awful defense. I will feel better if the Brewers can upgrade at SS and 3B before the trade deadline. If this does not happen I have a hard time seeing the Brewers in the playoffs.

Finally, I will be happy if the Brewers have a strong second half and still miss the playoffs (provided they don't miss the playoffs due to a massive choke job). Winning seasons are rare in Milwaukee, and because of this I will have no problem setting my sights a little low and declaring an 85-77 season a success. Call me complacent, but that's how I roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment