Thursday, May 19, 2011

Game Forty Four: Padres 1, Brewers 0

Box Score

I'm happy the Brewers went 2-2 on their brief west coast trip. I'm happy Narveson and Gallardo had good starts in San Diego. I'm happy the Brewers did not flush any of the momentum from the 5-1 homestand down the drain. I am not happy with tonight's game (see what I did there?).

This was a game I feel the Brewers should have won 4-0. They were 0-8 with RISP and had Aaron Harang on the ropes in the first with runners on 2nd on 3rd and one out. It's easy to say that a timely hit in the top of the 1st would have led to a victory because what would the alternate outcome have been? A loss? Well, that already happened, so any variation in the space-time continuum would increase the likelihood of a Brewers victory. Or something like that. Where was I? Oh, right, the top of the 1st. Harang has been shaky all season long. The Brewers let him off the hook, let him get settled in, and let him shut them down.

Other news: Ryan Braun left the game with a sore shoulder. Form what I've read so far it seems like something that (at worst) will cause him to miss a game or two. I hope to read the same thing in the morning.

In the meantime I will be anxiously awaiting the day the Brewers return to .500.

No comments:

Post a Comment