Saturday, May 7, 2011

Game Thirty Three: Brewers 4, Cardinals 0

Box Score

Yovani Gallardo picked a good time to break out of his slump. The only thing he did wrong today was not pitch a no-hitter, though he came within six outs of doing so. I guess we'll just have to settle for 8.0 innings, one hit, zero runs, and the win.

Once again the offense did not look good. Kyle Lohse held the Brewers to one run and six hits through 8.0 innings. He also struck out Rickie Weeks to end the inning with the bases loaded in the top of the second. Under most circumstances that would have caused me to throw something at a wall, but the previous seven games sucked a lot of life out of me so I responded like a normal human being. That said, watching the Brewers score three insurance runs in the top of the 9th was very cathartic.

Otherwise I do not have much more to add. Any day the Brewers win is a good day. Let's hope tomorrow is a good day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment