Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Game One Hundred and Forty Three: Cardinals 2, Brewers 0

Box Score 

I'm perfectly happy forgetting that game ever happened.

Grienke was very good, but Carpenter was essentially unhittable, thus the Cardinals won the game. In doing so the Red Birds have taken five of their past six from the Brewers to even the season series at 9-9. Even so, the Brewers still have an 8.5 game lead in the division and essentially put the division out of reach by winning on Labor Day.

Next up for the Brewers is a four game home series against the Phillies. I am quite nervous about this series because every Phillies starter going has an ERA under three. I'm hoping to see a split, and while I'd be ecstatic to see the Crew take 3 of 4, I think 3 of 4 the other way is more likely. The game tomorrow features Cole Hamels versus Chris Narveson in a pitching matchup that does not exactly inspire me with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment