Thursday, September 1, 2011

Game One Hundred and Thirty Seven: Cardinals 8, Brewers 3

Box Score

Sometimes you win, sometimes you surrender a grand slam to the opposing pitcher. Tonight was just one of those nights.

Despite losing the first two games of the series, the Brewers are still 8.5 game up in the division and have the largest lead in the majors. But despite that, I'm still very nervous. While I would not be feeling especially encouraged if I were a Cardinals fan, the fact remains that no lead is safe until the champagne bottles are drained.

With all of this said, the Brewers are in amazing shape. Last night's game was annoying and tonight was a stinker. For all I know tomorrow's game will be worse. But even if the Crew goes through a rough spot (which we all know is inevitable), I just expect them to get things clicking again rather quickly. Of course, I could be singing a different tune come tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment