Sunday, September 18, 2011

Games 152 & 153

This series was one giant breath of fresh air. The offense came back with authority after taking a two week hiatus, the pitching was top-notch, and the Crew dispatched of the Reds without much difficulty. A stress-free sweep was just what the doctor ordered.

I especially appreciated the effort in today's game. The Brewers scored seven runs in the first two innings and allowed me to focus my attention on the Packer game (Of course, this is a nice contrast to the last time the Brewers and Packers played at the same time, and it was the Brewers getting blown out that allowed me to focus on one game.

With the magic number down to four the only question remaining is where the Brewers are going to clinch the division. In a perfect world this would happen at Miller Park. In a slightly less perfect world, the Brewers would clinch the Central at Wrigley Field. My prediction is that the Cardinals will lose tomorrow against Roy Halladay and the Brewers will have a chance to clinch in Wednesday afternoon after taking the first two against the Cubs. My, how sweet that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment