Saturday, June 25, 2011

Game Seventy Eight: Brewers 11, Twins 1

Box Score 

I wanted to start this post by saying "The Brewers really needed a win like that." I decided against that because, really, when couldn't you use an 11-1 victory?

There is not much to say about this game. The Brewers got a good outing from Gallardo and got a lot of hits, including four home runs and an inside-the-park homer from Yuni Betancourt of all people. To make matters better, the Crew extended their lead in the Central to 2.0 games after the Pujols-less Cardinals lost yet again.

I am optimistic that what we saw from the Brewers over the past two weeks was a mild slump that, given how good the Brewers are, was as bad as we'll see for the rest of the season. I expect this optimism to last until the Brewers go on a two-game losing streak, at which point I will start wondering if they'll ever win again.

No comments:

Post a Comment