Saturday, June 25, 2011

Game Seventy Seven: Brewers 4, Twins 3

Box Score

For the past couple of seasons I began to wonder if I had developed some sort of extra-sensory perception with the Brewers. There have been many instances where I just "knew" something would happen and wouldn't you know it: it did. Tonight's game was a perfect example of this, except the opposite.

After Randy Wolf surrendered a go-ahead, 3-run homer in the top of the 6th I knew beyond any doubt that the Brewers were going to lose. That's just what was going to happen. I had a post constructed in my head and was simply waiting for the conclusion of the inevitable to write it. Then, somehow, in the bottom of the 7th with 2-one and two out, Prince Fielder ripped a double to right field that gave the Brewers the lead for good.

In case you were wondering, I will be starting a 1-800 number and airing late-night infomercials in the near future.

Inaccurate premonitions aside, this was an important victory for the Crew. They have been teetering on the bring of a prolonged slump and you don't need to be Miss Cleo to know that losing the opener to the Twins would not be a good sign of things to come. Furthermore, the Brewers really need to gain some ground on the Cardinals while Pujols is out. Also: it's just fun beating teams from Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment