Thursday, June 23, 2011

Game Seventy Six: Rays 6, Brewers 3

Box Score

Much like how baseball players need to take a day off every now and then, I decided to take a quick break from the blog. Regarding the rubber match of the Rays series, all I will say is that the Brewers are now 2-6 in days games played while I am at work. This is a trend that must change.

Actually, I do have one more point to make. Ron Roenicke has come under fire for some of the decisions he made in this loss, particularity pinch hitting Kotsay instead of Kottaras in the bottom of the 9th. On paper this is the wrong call and all things considered it was probably, in fact, the wrong call. The problem with evaluating these managerial decisions, however, is that we do not know what all the things are to consider.

I believe the most important role of a major league manager is to keep 25 massive egos focused on a singular goal. This entails, I think, dealing more with people than tactical decisions. If the Brewers like Roenicke, play hard for Roenicke, and want to win for Roenicke, then I can live with him being a poor tactician...even if it can be frustrating at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment